Saturday, July 31, 2010

Getting ready for baby!

Well it has bee to long since I have posted on this blog. I have been doing my crafts still, just not good about posting them. So I love sewing and I LOVE QUILTS!!! Holy cow, if they weren't so darn expensive to do, I would be making them all the time. This little quilt I made was not actually quilted on a big fancy machine, but I did put together the top of the quilt. I found 5 patriotic fabric I could resist. Especially the fabric that says Republican all over it =)
I just backed it with red minky. It turned out so cute and I can't wait to lay my little patriotic man on it. Those are Amelia lovely knees we see on it.
I LOVED this fabric I saw online and had to order it. I'm glad someone came up with these new privacy covers.
Then I kept Amelia's infant car seat and of course bought her a pink one, so I took the pink cover off, took it apart so I had a pattern to make a new one with. I decided to make a brown, soft minky cover. It turned out pretty good. I hope to make another one soon. More project to come soon =)



3 comments:

  1. I just busted out my sewing machine from my wedding gifts and its time to start it up! Good thing mom will be here next week to show me how to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok THAT I need to learn how to make. A car seat cover! You could sell those for like $50-$100 ! My son's is really gross and the fabric that was used was not great to begin with (I spent $40 on it but that seemeed like a lot of money). I will pay you to teach me how to make the car seat cover so he can have a new one. Please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute as always. We seriously have been friends to long to not get together and do a sewing project! It is hard with new little babies, and our timing is a little off sync so by the time I am sleeping through the night you will be up again :( one day!

    ReplyDelete